Come join our team of exceptionally talented designers, developers, strategists, and researchers. At Punchkick, you’ll build products that you’re incredibly proud of—for high-profile clients like Marriott, Harley-Davidson, and PetSmart—all within a team of great friends and colleagues. Punchkick Interactive has an unmistakeable culture of excellence and we seek out folks who feel alive and thrive in this type of environment.
Punchkick is privately held, has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America four years running, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. And we’ve only just begun to hit our stride.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you’ll join a collaborative team and work closely with user-centric folks to bring incredible digital products to life. Operating autonomously in a culture that is free of hierarchy and politics, you’ll feel empowered to think creatively in a supportive environment. You will explore usability paradigms to create thoughtful experiences and utilize your visual design techniques to craft gorgeous interfaces. Through rapid prototyping, the Senior UX/UI Designer will participate in intensive user research studies held at our in-house lab, utilizing actual people to provide real-time results. Through collaboration with the development team, you will ensure your design vision is seen through, and ultimately watch your app, website, or wearable experience come to life.
You’ll play a leading design role on super-innovative, bleeding-edge projects for Fortune-level clients in a variety of industries. Check out our Dribbble account to see snippets of some of our latest work: dribbble.com/punchkick
- This role involves UX and UI. Our philosophy is that a good experience lends itself to a great design. You will own the entire design phase of each project you join.
- Create information architecture, sitemaps, and low-fidelity wireframes that demonstrate the user experience of the product to clients.
- Create rapid and iterative prototypes for the purpose of user testing.
- Ideate user research criteria for testing your designs on real subjects and help synthesize results.
- Produce meticulous, beautiful user interface designs, taking into account client brand guidelines and specifications.
- Be able to confidently sell your designs to clients and thoughtfully explain all decisions from a design lens.
- Work in tandem with multiple developers to ensure all functionality and design is meeting client expectations.
- Inspire team members, facilitate design critiques, and empower your peers
- A willingness and passion to never stop learning and adapting to ever-changing design trends and UX principles.
- Ability to travel 3-4 times a quarter.
Aside from a love for design and learning all you can about mobile technologies, you will present a robust design portfolio that demonstrates the following:
- 5+ years experience in a design-related position, where you led simultaneous projects and client interactions while collaborating with team members.
- 2+ years experience in a position working with mobile and app products.
BA or BFA in a related field.
- Ability to explain your work, including wireframes, interactions, and interfaces for responsive web, iOS, Android, watchOS, Android Wear, tvOS, Android TV, and more.
- An impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and best practices in design.
- A fanatic attention to detail for creating pixel-perfect icons and UI elements.
- Proficiency using modern design and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, Invision, and Creative Cloud, as well as standard collaboration products from Apple and Google.
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology, HTML/CSS, and other relevant design tools is a plus.
To apply for this role, email us at [email protected] with your resume, portfolio, and a short paragraph of why you’d be a perfect addition to our team.