Companies hire Punchkick to develop high-quality digital products while delivering an unbelievable customer experience. Account Principals are responsible for proving that Punchkick is the best decision its clients have ever made. While theAccount Principal’s job responsibilities are pretty clear, the most optimal word to describe the best Account Principals is evolving. If you can’t own a room, empathize with client and user needs, and describe a complex software product in one sentence, the Account Principal role probably isn’t for you. So, if you’re still with us, here’s what we expect of you.
The TL;DR of the PKI Account Principal job description can be broken down into three core activities:
- Owning Products
While every Punchkicker is counted on to be the public persona of the company, the Account Principal plays a critical role in both defining what this persona is and sharing it with large audiences through content generation, attending industry conferences, and taking part in public speaking events. Most importantly, you will use your expertise and influence to support new business sales activities and grow your book of business beyond an initial project engagement through creative ideation, workshops, presentations, outreach, and referrals. Some of the sales activities you’ll be responsible for include:
- Being the product, user, and technology expert during sales calls, presentations, and pitches.
- Eliciting requirements from clients and prospects during pre-sales activities in order to generate a robust backlog.
- Leading development teams in forecasting new product opportunities.
- Developing or contributing to sales collateral and proposals.
- Supporting marketing efforts, including webinars and industry conference speaking engagements.
- Scheduling regular business reviews with your clients to grow Punchkick’s influence within your clients’ organizations.
The Account Principal touches all aspects of product development at Punchkick. These include:
- Participating actively in new business sales opportunities to ideate, estimate, and close new projects.
- Lead the solution architecture process for new client projects.
- Create, maintain, update, and groom product backlogs for client products.
- Play an active role in generating, clarifying, testing, and updating feature requirements.
- Validating that products meet the client’s definition of “done” and leading the client through the acceptance testing period of a release cycle.
- Using analytics, market research, industry knowledge, user research, and your own trustworthy gut to create an ongoing list of ways to grow and enhance a client’s products as they mature.
- Growing a book of business beyond an initial project engagement through creative ideation, workshops, presentations, outreach, and referrals.
Punchkick is full of technophiles. As an Account Principal, you tell the story of how technology is shaping the future of consumer and business behavior and rally the team members to continuously learn and experiment with new technology. Sure, futurecasting may sound fluffy, but we truly believe the future of our company, our clients’ businesses, and consumer happiness depends on our ability to do great, meaningful things with technology. Here’s some of what we expect our Account Principals to do:
- Research and lead industry trends webinars
- Regularly uncover emerging technology and present to the company on its impact on the market, our company, and our clients’ businesses
- Use a Jobs to Be Done approach to innovation to generate and socialize new ideas for product development
We’ve been in business long enough to learn what makes winning PMs and ones who just don’t cut it. The best Account Principals add to Punchkick’s culture by embodying the following characteristics:
- Empathy for both clients and users. The Account Principal is by their nature a listener. Rather than immediately speaking up, the best Account Principals exercise a sense of empathy for their clients and the users of their products. When they do speak, their words come from a place of understanding what it’s like to walk in their audiences’ shoes.
- Pitch-perfect communication skills. The technology and research topics Punchkick works on are complex, but our clients and users should never feel that complexity. The ideal Account Principal is able to succinctly and clearly communicate any idea so that it effectively reaches its target audience across a variety of media, including presentation decks, client emails, keynote talks, and everything in between.
- Contagious passion for product and technology. Everyone in the room pays attention when a Account Principal speaks. His/her words are influential because the Account Principal makes people care about what’s being said. The Account Principal expresses a natural gravitas that helps them get clients excited about their ideas, get designers and developers motivated to build great things, and get users to adopt their vision.
- Living in the future. While the Account Principal does exercise the daily tasks of grooming backlogs and ensuring product teams have everything they need to build 5-star products, the Account Principal’s long-term influence is found in their ability to chart a course for the future. The Account Principal is a voracious and quick learner of all things tech and is capable of distilling the most important takeaways into one impactful sentence.
- Both vision and roadmap. Our Account Principals are Scrum Certified Product Managers and take product development seriously. We’ve learned through great success and great failure that the best products only come to life when they have a great Account Principal capable of articulating a compelling vision about where the team is headed.
To apply for this role, email us at [email protected] with your resume, portfolio, and a short paragraph of why you’d be a perfect addition to our team.