The Product Manager will work alongside the Account Principal (AP) to support our client’s needs within the Agile Team. The Product Manager translates our clients’ business requirements into acceptance criteria for our native app and web developers, provides day-to-day decision support for their teams, and ensures the final products we deliver exceed our clients’ expectations. The Product Manager is internally focused, supports Agile product teams, and owns implementation alongside the team’s client-facing Account Principal. The Product Manager plays a significant role in helping the AP and the product team deliver high-quality products and by defining “Done” and verifying each product increment is truly complete.
- Defines feature details and requirements in collaboration with a client-facing Account Principal.
- Partners with the Account Principal (AP) to ensure product backlogs are prioritized to effectively meet the client’s vision.
- Collaborates with other Product Managers and/or APs to uphold business priority and vision.
- Writes user stories and acceptance criteria. Ensures that user stories meet Definition of Done and translate well into testable scenarios. Updates and manages user stories in Jira (Agile Management Tool).
- Manages and prioritizes the product backlog (prior to and during backlog refinement sessions).
- Stays accountable to clarify and/or review the user stories for the agile team in a timely fashion, and partners with client AP to make critical decisions quickly.
- Consistently prioritizes user stories based on the big picture defined by the client and the AP.
- Readily available for team at all times and participates in all scrum ceremonies.
- Responsible for ensuring the development and design team have clarity into the stories to be completed each sprint. Empowered to make updates to the backlog to keep the team’s velocity high.
- Manage a portfolio of client projects in different life-cycles of product delivery.
- Monitor threats, risks and opportunities that might affect the success of projects and hold accountability for the overall solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience interacting with both business and technical teams.
- Experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager working with Agile Delivery Teams and utilizing Agile Scrum best practices
- Ability to translate high-level business requirements into tactical user stories that can be used by development and design.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, or equivalent.
- Experience in the Agile development lifecycle, with a focus on product delivery.
- Good mix of business, user experience, and technical background to be able to effectively interact/assist with different teams.
- Eye for detail, ability to spot ambiguity, inconsistency and contradictions.
- Ability to deliver output under high pressure with challenging timelines.
- Ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects and manage own time appropriately to meet all client and team needs in a timely manner.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Nice to have: Scrum Product Owner Certification
To apply for this role, email us at [email protected] with your resume and a short paragraph of why you’d be a perfect addition to our team.