Senior UI/UX Designer
Punchkick Interactive Inc. Chicago, IL, United States
Come work with a team of ultra-talented and wickedly-authentic designers, developers, strategists, UX architects, and tech visionaries. We build products that we’re incredibly proud of—for clients that we deeply respect—all within a team of great friends and colleagues. Punchkick has an unmistakeable culture of excellence and we seek out folks who feel alive and excel in this type of environment.
Punchkick has doubled in size each of the last three years, landed on the Inc 5000, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. To date, Punchkick has worked with 18 of the Fortune 500. And we’ve only just begun to hit our stride.
What are we looking for?
As a senior UI/UX designer, you’ll join a collaborative team where you will work closely with other mobile experts to explore different flows and create the best possible user experience. From there, you’ll utilize your knowledge of design principles, including amazing typography, clear iconography, and mobile trends, to create the best user interface designs. Lastly, you’ll work with developers to make sure your design vision is seen through in the final product, which may be an mobile app, website, or another cool product.
You’ll play a leading design role on super-innovative, bleeding-edge projects for Fortune-level clients in a variety of industries.
- Create low-fidelity sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to help demonstrate the user experience of the product to the client
- Produce meticulous, beautiful user interface designs, taking into account client brand guidelines and specifications
- Be able to explain all design decisions to clients
- Work in tandem with multiple developers to ensure all functionality and design is meeting client expectations
- Participate in regular design critiques to keep your design skills sharp
- A willingness and passion to never stop learning and adapting to ever-changing design trends and UI principals
Aside from a love for design and learning all you can about mobile, you will present a robust design portfolio that demonstrates the following:
- 4–6 years experience in a design-related position, where you worked on interesting web or mobile design products
- B.A. in graphic design, visual communication, or another design-related field
- An impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design
- A fanatic attention to detail for creating pixel-perfect icons and UI elements
- Proficient knowledge in the Adobe design tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks
- Being wickedly authentic and having a good attitude is a must
- Ability to create clean and professional presentation decks for client review
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and responsive web design techniques is a plus
- Experience in Adobe After Effects, or similar motion graphics programs would be a plus
Perks You Ask?
See below for a selection of the great perks Punchkick currently offers its team members—and they get better all the time.
- Half-day Fridays during the summer
- Take-it-as-you-want-it vacation policy that requires a minimum of two weeks off yearly
- 8 paid holidays per year
- T-Mobile corporate discount, gym membership discounts, and more
- Transit benefit fare program
- Flexible scheduling; employees can be in between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Peace of Mind Perks
- 100% match of up to 3% of your salary on IRA retirement plan—with immediate vesting
- 70% of healthcare, vision, and dental coverage
- Life-insurance policy provided at no cost
- Long-term disability coverage provided at no cost
- 30-minute daily huddle where we cover company updates, employees’ good news from the prior day, team questions, and more
- Chicago Loop location within a three-minute walk to the red line, one-minute walk to the brown, green, orange, purple, and pink lines, and a five-minute walk to the blue line
- Ability to work on mobile projects that will literally be seen by millions of people
- Amazing client roster that you’ll be exceptionally proud of
- Continuous education efforts that encourage learning new languages and tools
- Collaborative horizontal environment with self-managed teams, free from office politics
- Bleeding-edge technology adoption
- Highly-tuned local developer environments
- Dual monitors
- Test-driven development and an environment that praises coding standards
- Continuous integration server that facilitates automated testing, deployment, code coverage, and project documentation
- Dedicated QA testing
- Dozens of cell phones and tablets in our office to play with and test on during development
- Enterprise hosting environments on Rackspace
- Robust staging plans including local, dev, wip, stage, uat, prod, and backup environments
- Agile project management
- Subscription to Safari Books Online, Lynda.com, and a growing library of software development and project management books
- Surrounded by amazing talent with pair-programming encouragement
- In-house tech talks on both native and mobile Web technologies
- Crystal-clear solution requirements and story cards whenever possible
- Wiki-based documentation for projects
Enter your address to see how long your commute will be.