- 2 Min Read / Blog / 3.2.2020
‘Never stop learning,’ is one of our five core values at Punchkick. Employees are welcome—encouraged, actually—to keep advancing their knowledge in and beyond the realm of their job title. Developers make sure that the apps and sites we produce function flawlessly, but having a solid understanding of design principles profoundly benefits the user experience.
Hackdesign.org has been an excellent resource for our devs who want to learn critical elements of design at their own pace and on their own time. Although targeted towards developers, here are 5 reasons we suggest Hackdesign for anyone needing a crash-course in design:
- Designed to be completed over 12 months with 1 lesson per week, but it’s not restricted to that schedule — pacing is up to the user.
- First lessons focus on the philosophy of why design is important — learn the why before the how.
- Subsequent lessons delve deeper into how to think like a designer and what tools to use.
- Our developers loved the month of design lessons devoted specifically to mobile.
- Extremely valuable resource, has great design articles and community feedback.