- 2 Min Read / Blog / 3.2.2020
As we’ve come to expect from Apple this event followed the usual formula — a series of buildup announcements until the final big reveal. Gorgeous graphics accompanied Tim Cook, Craig Federighi, Phil Schiller, Eddy Cue and the rest of the Apple crew as they publicized what so many were waiting to hear.
By The Numbers:
- iPhone 5s/5c launch was the biggest ever, selling over 9 million devices that first weekend.
- 1 billion songs were played this past month on the iOS 7 iTunes Radio.
- 60 billion apps downloaded.
- 170 million iPads have been sold, putting Apple at 81% of tablet usage share.
- 475,000 apps built specifically for iPads are available.
OS X Mavericks:
- +1 hour longer web browsing and +90 minutes longer video watching.
- Compressed Memory = instantly compresses inactive parts of memory (e.g. can fit 6 GB of data in 4 GB of RAM).
- Revamps to Maverick notification system and support for other nifty features.
- Now FREE and available today for everyone!
- 13″ Retina now is “thinner, lighter, and faster.”
- Boasts 9 hours of battery life.
- Starts at $1,299 — that’s $200 less than before!
- 15 ” Retina now rocks some impressive specs like Crystalwell chip with Iris Pro graphics, and has 8+ hours of battery life.
- Sports a $1,999 price tag — also $200 less than previous model.
- Well, by looks alone, it’s pretty intriguing — cylindrical, 1/8 the size of previous models, and has specs out the wazoo.
- Inside you’ll find a Xeon E5 with up to 12 cores, making it super super speedy.
- Who doesn’t love when a product is assembled in the good ol’ US of A. And on top of that, it uses 70% less energy than previous Mac Pros!
- Oh, and it’s $2,999.
- Introducing the newest generation of the iPad, now called “iPad Air.”
- A bigger iPad mini so-to-say with a 9.7″ retina display.
- Less bezel and 20% thinner than other models — weighing in at only 1lb.
- There will be happy campers with 10+ hour battery life, a 5 Megapixel iSight, and 1080p FaceTime Camera.
- It has very similar guts to the recently released iPhone 5s — A7 and M7 coprocessor.
- Comes in black, white, silver, and space grey.
- $629 for the retina with cellular — the 2G will remain at $399.
- iPad Mini will finally come in retina, so that’s nice.